Crowns – a natural looking restoration of badly damaged teeth
A crown (often called a cap) covers the tooth and restores a broken or decayed tooth to its original shape and size. To do this our dentist uses high quality dental materials and laboratory work.
Having a crown made will be two visits to our dentist in Belfast for this cosmetic treatment.
- First appointment: our dentist carefully shapes the tooth in question and takes an impression. This impression is used to create a model in the Dental Laboratory, on which a crown is specially made to fit your tooth.
- Second appointment: our dentist bonds this crown onto your tooth.
METAL FREE CROWNS are made from a modern, high technology, bio-compatible, Zirconium glass and porcelain combination.
- These crowns are beautiful and natural looking by our cosmetic dentist in belfast.
- They do not develop a black margin at the gum line and are incredibly strong and durable.
- The visits to our cosmetic dentist are no different from those for traditional crown work, but the outcomes are poles apart !
Crowns by our cosmetic dentist in Belfast are excellent restorations and are highly durable.
Traditional crowns are made up of tooth coloured material (dental porcelain) bonded to a grey substrate metal. Unfortunately, this type of crown often looks lifeless as the dull metal is totally unlike natural tooth and tends to shine through the porcelain covering.
These crowns also may develop a black margin at the gum line due to metal showing through the porcelain at this thinnest point, and or patient allergy to the nickel or palladium content of the substrate metal alloy.
This can be particularly unsightly at the front of the mouth and, on reflection, you may now realise that you know of somebody with this problem.